Dental Tourism Top Destinations: Where should I go?
You have calculated the costs of dental work in your home country and decided that it is just too expensive. However continuing to live with the discomfort, pain, or unappealing appearance of your teeth is just not an option for you. Dental tourism provides an affordable solution. However, there is such a wealth of information online about dental tourism that you are finding it overwhelming knowing where to start in your search for a destination. There are so many countries offering treatment that it pays to do your research. Here are a few tips to help you choose:
- Identify top dental tourism destinations in your region:
- The most popular countries for patients from the European Union are Hungary, Turkey, Ireland, Ukraine, Poland and Slovakia.
- The top destinations of American patients are Mexico, Colombia and Peru.
- Australian dental tourism patients prefer Thailand and Malaysia.
- The medical services in all of the above countries, including dentistry, have made great progress over the last 10-20 years. Do not be scared off by a country’s reputation — even in a lower-income country, private dentistry may be of an excellent quality. The standard of facilities, service and the quality of treatment often astounds people visiting these top destinations.
- Do your research into travel costs and considerations:
- After identifying the top dental tourism destinations for your region, find out the costs of visas, flights, accommodation and travel insurance to make sure that you are getting the best deal.
- Think about where you would prefer to spend your time — look at it a bit like a vacation. Would you prefer to take in the sights of Budapest during a trip to Hungary for your dentistry, or explore an interesting, underrated country like Ukraine?
- Once you have selected a couple of possible countries, contact dentists to get an idea of prices, quality of service, and qualifications:
- Don’t be afraid to ask about the qualifications of the dentist and the quality of their materials and equipment. A reputable dentist should be more than happy to confirm this for you.
- Get a specific quote for the treatment which you are looking for. General price lists may not be 100% reliable as each patient is an individual.
There are lots of countries to choose from when searching for a dental tourism destination. Make sure you find a balance between an affordable price, a high-quality service, and a convenient and pleasant location.